Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 1: Indianola to Neosho, MO

Traveling the mid-west this year instead if going to South Dakota/Montana or Caribbean seas. Heading south to Arkansas on Interstate 80. Did not get out of Indianola until 11:30 this morning. That was okay. I told mom and dad that I wanted to be on the road by 9:00 this morning with the true time frame being 11:00am. If I had told them we needed to be on the road by 11:00am we wouldn't have left town until 4:00pm tonight.

We followed dad's expedition until we stopped at Cameron, MO for a pit stop and light lunch around 2:00pm and back on the road. I was getting sleepy before the stop so Mari offered to drive. The bad part is that she would be driving through/around the eastern side of Kansas City.

Most of the way down we have had road construction. Now we are in Kansas City area and they have stand still traffic due to the construction. Hope Michelle and her posse will be okay when they come down on Thursday late evening/morning to meet up with us.

I will post an update once we get to our destination.

I can not believe the construction on the roads. You can defiantly tell it is spring/summer. Boy I got to see the road rage come out with Mari driving! Ha, some of you think I have road rage.  We stopped at the Cash N Dash in Nevada, MO for quick fill up. With mom driving and ahead of us they ended up pulling over at an earlier town for gas. So we missed each other and would not see each other until Neosho. I took over the driving duties from Nevada to Neosho.

Made it to the Super 8. Got our room but no signs of the parental units. Gave them a call and they are in Neosho but down by the city hall. Turned out I put in Neosho, MO in the GPS unit and figured that it would get them to Neosho and they would plug in Super 8. Boy was I wrong. They ended up sight seeing the town of Neosho. Ha. Ha.

Tomorrow we leave Neosho and head on south to Fort Smith, AR. Mari and I may back track a little to go to the Precious Moments Park in Carthage, MO. See really wanted to see it today but the hours of operation did not allow us to stop.

I'm having a hard time staying awake so off to sleep. Until tomorrow.

Total miles traveled the first day was 345 miles.