I slept in again on vacation today. I finally got up before 8am this morning. The beds here at the inn are so comfortable. Mari and I each get our own. What am I going to do when we get back to home and have to share a bed with Mari and the dogs, Lizzie and Patches? Mari was not stirring yet so I got dressed and headed down for breakfast. I worked on the computer updating the vacation blog. Mari finally made it down and had some breakfast. What to do today? Mari called mom and she said no one was yet stirring. So we may not see the rest of the family until sometime this afternoon. Knowing Michelle she may want to take a detour to check out a few things on the way up. She calls it, "Making Memories". I have to agree and just smile. Well, got to go for now. Mari and I have to find something to do. This is going to be sooo hard here in Branson.
We made a few phone calls and found out that we could get into cabin today. We packed our stuff and headed to the cabin we will be staying at till Saturday. We got checked out of the Honeysuckle Inn. It was a very nice place to stay and I would recommend it to anyone coming to the area. If you book through expedia.com you can get a third night free. The rooms are clean and updated. The staff is friendly. The only issue is the sporadic wireless internet connection from our room. And all the chocolate or oatmeal-raisin cookies you want to eat. As long as you walk up to the lobby. We got checked out and headed to the cabin.
We were told that the cabin we would be staying at was 235. I was driving and Mari found cabin "235". The door locks use a combination code. So we tried the code that was provided and found that it did not work. Mari gave Eddie a call with the Table Rock Lodges LLC. We tried a couple of different combination. We finally got into the lodge. I have put a few pictures of the lodge on the today's photo album. After unpacking and starting some laundry we decided to head back into town to get lunch.
On the way to lunch, Mari received a phone call from the temp agency, Palmer Group, that provides temporary employees to Wells Fargo. She found out that she and about another 100 people were getting laid off from the section of Wells Fargo. But they will transfer her to another section of Wells Fargo when she gets back to different section of Wells Fargo.
We ended up going to Mel's Hard Luck Diner for lunch. The diner’s servers, hosts, cooks, and cashiers are also professional singers, song writers, and musicians. They offer you a great dining experience seasoned with a song! Waitress sings opera. She did a fantastic job. I had a burger and fries and Mari had chicken salad sandwich with fries.
After lunch we browsed through a couple stories and headed over to Bass Pro shop to browse to see what they had. Afterward we went to Walmart and picked up a few souvenirs for the kids. We figured that everyone would be showing up shortly at the cabin. So, we headed back to the cabin.
We waited a while. Mom, dad, Ryan and grandma showed up. Helped them unload their expedition. We were sitting around and dad asked what cabin we were in and I could not remember if it was 235 or something else. I walked back out to the front of the cabin and realized that we are in 253. We are supposed to be in 235. Mari made a phone call to Eddie and he told use that we are okay and that he would make the change on his end. Mari even admitted that she had a senior moment and got the numbers mixed up. While clearing up that problem Michelle called to find out where the lodge was. Gave her the information. Mari started grilling pork chops for a late supper.
Michelle finally got here and they all ate supper. With everyone getting in late we stayed in and just relaxed. Rearing up for the next couple of days. So good night.


